Friday, March 4, 2011

Die Sterntaler & Werner Herzog


Die Sterntaler
 "..the aim of his films, he says, is "the illumination of something that is beyond sheer facts", what the New Yorker described as "the ecstatic truth". Does he experience that illumination when he is making his films? "Yes, I sometimes feel like the little girl in a fairytale," says the 68-year-old. "She steps out into the night sky and golden stars fall into her apron. These moments, when you have that shudder of something falling into your lap and you don't know how it happened – that happens."..
Werner Herzog Stipetic  The Guardian

I have this book in my memory from when I was a child. I always identified with the picture, maybe because I too was a blonde little girl who loved looking at the stars at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment